Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Friday, June 3, 2011

Father’s Day 2011 is coming up on the 19th of June.

Father's Day Card by Lynne Dee


Who has been the most influential person in your life?

My answer to that question really surprises me. Before listening to a recorded LIVE Event seminar of Wayne Dyer’s recently, I would not have thought to say “my father”. After hearing Dr. Dyer share the story of how his life began, I started to shift my thinking quite a bit. I doubt anyone who knows about Wayne Dyer would disagree that he is a successful author, lecturer and spiritual guide. He’s been writing books and public speaking since he received a doctorate back in 1970. The man, when he speaks to audiences, makes a lot of sense. His words resonate with me. So what exactly did he say that made me shift my thinking about a father I would not hesitate to admit had a lot of flaws when it came to communication and understanding.

He explained that ten days after he was born, his own father abruptly left his mom and two older brothers, never to return home again. No phone calls, no financial support, nothing over the span of the next 15 years. Wayne never had the opportunity to meet his biological father. Only after the man was dead and buried in a pauper’s grave for ten years somewhere in another state, did he come upon a realization at the foot of this grave, that could add some perspective to his view of this man he hated all his life.

After he cursed and vented his anger for three hours standing at the grave, he settled down and a sense of peace came over him. He realized this man was the most influential person in his life. He realized that his father gave him a great gift. Learn to be self-sufficient. And he did. In foster care until his mother could reclaim him and his brothers, he learned how to rely on just himself. As an adult, Wayne reflected on the conversation his Dad might have had right before his incarnation into this life. “God, give me a situation in this life, whereby, I teach someone else forgiveness. If it means becoming an alcoholic who treats women badly, so be it. Forgiveness and compassion are important virtues and I want to be that instrument for teaching that to even just one person in my life”. So there it was. Wayne Dyer thanked his father for giving him the path to forgiveness and compassion. A lightness came over him. He never again would have to feel hatred and anger towards this man. Instead he knew that this gift was what enabled him to be this successful person who could help others see the wisdom where once none was to be seen.

As I listened to Dr. Wayne Dyer speak, I too came upon a realization. I pictured my father saying to God just before his incarnation, “let me help even just one person to learn the importance of sharing through communication. Even if it means I have to refrain from talking to my own child for three months at a time over the course of many years”. 

And so it goes. I was given this gift of understanding the power of connecting through sharing and communicating.

I wish all the Dads around the world, including my Dad up in heaven, a Happy Father’s Day 2011.

1 comment:

  1. Your powerful reflection on the teaching of Wayne Dyer shows a courageous willingness to look within. I tip my hat to you in thanks for your bravery and your voice.
    My dad is a huge inspiration to me even still. He never stops seeing the joy in life and reminds me that every moment is an opportunity to experience joy, peace, and love. So be it. No doubt there are more lessons in this rich topic you have raised. Thanks Lynne.

    ReplyDelete