Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mother’s Day 2011 is coming up on the 8th of May

Mom with her Mom & Aunts


Mother’s Day means different things to different people.
I would like to share my own personal story of this particular holiday.
The year was 1989.  In February of that year my Mom was diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus. Within three months of that diagnosis she was in the hospital spending what would be the last week of her life. Both my sister and I were told that the end was near so we got on a plane to be at her side. We had previously taken turns going down to visit her but this time we were both there.
With Mother’s Day approaching as we arrived to be at her side, I had a card for her that I wanted to be able to give her. I knew that this would be my last Mother’s Day card for her. Little did I know then that my Mom had saved many of the cards I had made for her over the years. Some went as far back as 6 years old.  I now have those cards in my possession and I treasure them. After our loved ones pass on, cards and photos are reminders of our time shared on this earth.
If Mom were alive today she’d get a kick out of the fact that I continue to make Greeting Cards as a way to express myself. I love that others want to give the special people in their lives an art card that I have made.  I get to learn something about the person giving, as well as the person receiving, that card. When I learn enough to add that special something to the card, there’s a great feeling.
I wish all the mothers around the world a very Happy Mother’s Day.

3 comments:

  1. lynne,
    What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing. I appreciate beautiful things and your cards are filled with love, creativity and beauty-just like you.

    Love,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a beautiful story. After I went to live with my parents, I, too, was surprised to see how my mother has kept the cards I've sent her over the years - and so has my dad. At 94, he spends a lot of time looking over momentos from his life. Love to you, Lynne ~ better to order from you than get a card from CVS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was growing up my dad and Uncle ran a family restaurant - Mother's Day was always the busiest day of the year (it is for most restaurants) - so to handle the volume of customers the entire family would be drafted to pitch in on that day - so we always celebrated Mother's Day the Monday following.

    ReplyDelete