Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

To Be Or Not to Be

Looking upwards

For years I have been heavily into a ritual of making a TO DO LIST the night before any given day. Then as the next day progressed, I could check off the list as I accomplished those things. I was always under the impression it was important to have a TO DO LIST written down on paper, especially if one's short term memory is challenged. I would joke with people and say if I didn't write down, “do laundry”, I would forget about it completely. It never occurred to me that there's an equally valid type of list one can make on a daily basis and it would also set up a series of accomplished tasks but in a different style. I was reading a book recently called SOUL CURRENCY by Ernest D. Chu, and he set forth an exercise I have come to embrace and make part of my day. I have been sharing that awareness with friends as well as on Facebook. It occurred to me to share it with blog readers.

It's called the “TO BE” List.
Write down states of being you would like to find yourself in.
So here's a sample To BE List I came up with that will serve me well. You can get ideas from here or make up one of your own.

  1. Be grateful.
  2. Be kind
  3. Be supportive of yourself
  4. Be supportive of others
  5. Be mindful
  6. Be aware
  7. Be creative
  8. Be productive
  9. Be inspired
  10. Be present
  11. Be courageous
  12. Be generous
  13. Be joyful
  14. Be open to going with the flow
  15. Be connected within yourself
  16. Be connected with others
  17. Be loving with yourself
  18. Be loving with others
    and the list goes on.

I find that often we view a To Do List as chores. Just the word chores has a bad connotation for many of us. I might have had to finish making a necklace I started months ago and if I wrote on my TO DO LIST, finish necklace, I might not feel like it and then it gets put off to another day and I might get down on myself for not attending to it. BUT now, if I write down on my TO BE LIST, be creative... then I might view finishing the necklace as a form of creativity instead. Or finishing the necklace might fall under Be Productive. One task might satisfy many line items at once. For example, if I have plans with someone and they get cancelled, then I shift into ok, I was not meant to be with them and instead I find some other item from my TO BE List to choose from so I am not stuck in my head that they cancelled on me. I also enjoy being in a state of allowing the day to unfold without having plans. When asked by a friend recently on a Friday what did I have planned for the weekend, I said I was going to just go with the flow, let it unfold. I have trust in that process. Come Monday I am happy to say I had a great weekend. I had some unexpected things happen and I found joy in the flow of activities I found myself in. Its not important what I did, only that I flowed with the current and learned some things about myself through sharing it with others.

I am also learning the process of allowing life to happen. Allowing new people into your life is one way. People come into your life for a reason you may not understand at first. Everyone has something to give. And when not giving, we are receiving. Being open to receiving is no small thing. Anyone can give, but can you receive?

For now it is my intention to plant a seed of awareness that I received from reading Soul Currency and give that to you. Pass it on. Pay it forward.

We are spiritual beings having a human experience in this life.
Enjoy the journey.
Love & Light!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Lynne. I like the "TO BE" List! and am gonna try and think of my lists in that way. I'm happy to have another friend "being in the flow" and feel we can all encourage each other on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Earnie would be very happy to hear you received so much from his book :) I like to To Be list as well and to be in the present moment is where I like to BE :)

    Lots of love-thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne, This is such a good idea. I hope to try it soon :-) Enjoyed your blog. Inspires me to start writing again :-)

    ReplyDelete