Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spirit versus Ego

Spend time in Nature

Spirit vs Ego

We “spiritual beings having a human experience” are continually living from either our spirit or our ego at any given time. I would venture to say that when I am coming from spirit, I feel good. I also recognize that when I feel bad, if I check within, I discover I am coming from ego. To elaborate with an example would look like this. I am starting to worry that my partner is wasting time and money on something. That does not feel good to me. That's my clue that I am in the ego. I allow my spirit in at that point & I remember that worry is a waste of energy. I am not in the business of worrying, which is just a projection of a fear, which is an acronym for “False Expectations Appearing Real” (Ernest Chu, Soul Currency). I go back to my original affirmation to center myself once more. I say out loud, “ The Universe & God support me daily & I trust in the direction I am led”. Anytime I feel I am in my ego, I can say this affirmation as a way to connect with my spirit once again. Where'd the worry go? It no longer has a hold on me. Those thoughts, which are not reality, do not take my power away from me. I go back to centering myself to have faith in God that there are lessons to be learned and if something happens, it is meant to happen. Why fight the current?

There is a dance that goes on in our mind and body whereby we can choose to shift away from ego and into spirit. It's a choice we have. Think of Spirit as LOVE and Ego as FEAR. If you are having a bad day, stop and ask who is in control today. Is it ego or spirit?

I like what Deepak Chopra has to say in his book THE SEVEN SPIRITUAL LAWS of SUCCESS as it relates to this particular blog post on coming from spirit(love) vs coming from (ego)fear. “The experience of the Self, or “self-referral” means that our internal reference point is our own spirit, and not the objects of our experience. The opposite of self-referral is object-referral. In object-referral we are always influenced by objects outside the Self, which includes situations, circumstances, people, and things. In object-referral we are constantly seeking the approval of others. Our thinking and our behavior are always in anticipation of a response. It is therefore fear-based. In object-referral we also feel an intense need to control things. We feel an intense need for external power. The need for approval, the need to control things, and the need for external power are needs that are based on fear. This kind of power is not the power of the Self , or real power. When we experience the power of the Self, there is an absence of fear, there is no compulsion to control, and no struggle for approval or external power.

In object-referral, your internal reference point is your ego. The ego, however, is not who you really are. The ego is your self image, it is your social mask, it is the role you are playing. Your social mask thrives on approval. It wants to control, and it is sustained by power, because it lives in fear.

Your true Self, which is your spirit, your soul, is completely free of those things. It is immune to criticism, it is not afraid of any challenge, And it feels beneath no one. And yet, it humbles and feels superior to no one, because it recognizes that everyone else is the same Self, the same spirit in different disguises. “

To paraphrase, with self-referral, self empowerment follows. With self empowerment, you magnetize people, situations, and circumstances to support your desires. Law of Attraction is another way to express this.

It is also the Law of Synchronicity. Meaningful coincidences show up in our lives when we come from spirit. I am grateful each day for the gift of awareness to know spirit from ego.

2 comments: