Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Thursday, March 10, 2011

EVER NOTICE WE RECOGNIZE PEOPLE WE'VE KNOWN BY THEIR ENERGY AND NOT THEIR APPEARANCE?

 Box Medley Greeting Card * Design by Spiral Happy


Sometimes people in our lives who have passed on come to visit us in our dreams. Often they don’t look like themselves in the dream. Yet we know exactly who they are.  I came to realize that we recognize people by their energy and not their appearance.
I had a friend, who at the age of 36, died from lung cancer. But before that, she and I shared six years of friendship. I learned a lot from her. When we met she had already lost half a lung to cancer at the early age of 14. She was all for alternative therapies. In all the time I knew her, not once did she go in for traditional treatment. Instead I saw her embrace alternative therapies, including a stay at a clinic in Mexico for experimental drugs.  Perhaps she did extend her life longer than she would have had otherwise. We’d walk through a grocery store and use applied kinesiology to determine if a particular food was good for her. Basically she would stand there in the aisle and hold the food item in one hand while I would push on her other outstretched arm to try to lower it. If she was able to keep her arm up, the food was ok. If I was able to force her arm down, then it was bad for her. This might sound crazy but the practice of applied kinesiology is based on muscle strength. There is a belief that the body has wisdom of its own. We just need to pay attention more. So much of the time we are on automatic pilot.
So although she died at the relatively young age of 36, I had a lot of respect for her doing it all on her terms. She lived a lot in those last six years. I always wrote her address and phone number down in pencil in those days. She moved six times in six years. She wanted to experience as much as she could. She lived each day in gratitude. Up until the very end she was an uplifting force of energy. Never once she did ask why her. She made the most of what time she was given on this earth. That is a lesson I learned from her.

1 comment:

  1. Lynne,

    "Life is as fleeting as a star"-Buddha says, and how wonderful to be present; creative, courageous, grateful, mindful, curious and uplifting until the day you leave this world :) Wonderful. Good awareness Lynne to recognize and appreciate these beautiful qualities in her. Challenging time can be enormous catalysts to bring us truly present..sounds like she was there :) Positive energy-everything is energy :)

    ReplyDelete