Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WHAT IS FENG SHUI?

Choker by Lynne Dee
Colors of the Bagua















WHAT IS FENG SHUI?
(Pronounced fung shway)

The ancient Chinese practice of Feng Shui translates into “wind and water”.
Wind and water symbolize the relationship between the seen and unseen forces of nature.
You can see water. You cannot see wind.  Yet both exist. Chi, or energy, exists in everything.
We can see the “effects” of wind on water.
Each interacts and influences the other.
What is the wind to your water in this life?
What are the unseen forces that influence your life?

Those who embrace Feng Shui know that the goal of this practice is achieving harmony & balance in their lives. It can also be defined as the way to arrange your environment to enhance the quality of your life. It is the balance of the chi that determines health.  “Your health is your wealth.” When one’s in balance, they know good health. When one is out of balance, they experience “dis-ease”  aka  disease.
I recommend to anyone interested in bringing more harmony and balance into their lives to learn about Feng Shui. Perhaps you are already using some of the principles behind this practice. It incorporates the tool of using positive affirmations as a way of connecting within to the power of intention, one of those unseen forces of nature.

The Chinese have a saying: “One learns new things by reviewing old things.”
I could not agree more. In writing this post, I re-visited a book I had on Feng Shui. I reflect on how I came to possess this book.  I want to share the story with you. I had planned to meet my friend Kumi at her Tai Chi class one Saturday morning a few years ago. It was located in an area I was not familiar with. I must have gone to the wrong location because when I got there no one else was there. I got back in my car and drove away.  Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a yard sale. I rarely stop at those. I passed it by and then a nagging thought appeared. I turned around and went back and parked. As I approached the house with the yard sale, I saw a table with a stack of books piled high. I could not see the titles of the book but I was drawn there. I had been “thinking” just prior to this day that I would really like to learn more about Feng Shui. When I reached the table of books I looked at the one on top of all the others. It was Feng Shui: Harmony By Design. This was synchronicity. This was a meaningful coincidence. I smiled and asked the lady how much she wanted for that book. As I drove home that day I could not stop myself from smiling.

The following affirmation has since become one of my favorites and goes like this: ‘I attract the perfect people, places, and things into my life everyday. I am always in the right place and meeting the right people at the right time. I welcome you into my life.”

I now welcome you the reader into my life.





No comments:

Post a Comment