Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Thursday, March 3, 2011

WHY YOGA?

Some of my favorite people
WHY YOGA?

Nothing puts me into the present moment better than Yoga.
I have lived just a few blocks from a park for 2 decades and only started taking advantage of it in the last several years. I remember driving in my car on the avenue that faces the park and seeing people with yoga mats going up the hill towards the opening. At that time I was one of those Angelinos who got in a car to drive to a gym. Finally one day as I was walking on the avenue, I stopped someone and asked where they were going with their mat. I had started doing Yoga at the gym a year earlier and was quite curious as to why these people were heading up a hill instead. I got my answer. “Free Yoga by donation” was offered there. I gave it a try. And I loved it. I let the gym membership go and now I had a way to walk to my exercise. I had no idea when I started that new chapter that it would become such an important part of my day. For me, as well as for most who go there, it affords an opportunity to enjoy nature at the same time. I enjoy my practice while being present to the sounds of birds chirping, the smell of jasmine off the bushes that line the street, and seeing the palm trees close up and mountains in the distance. I get to also do one of my favorite things right after practice. Meet new people and greet the old ones. Friendship is a by-product of people coming together to do something wonderful for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Yes the birds chirping, the smell of jasmine and grass, the blue sky and sunshine ahhhh. Runyon canyon yoga one of the best places to be in this life :) Love everything about being curious because curiosity will bring you to beautiful new adventures! Way to go Lynne. I love seeing you every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, you are amazing! I love the way you are so open to new experiences. It brings such joy and excitement to your life.

    ReplyDelete