Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Friday, March 25, 2011

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

Wearing the earrings I eventually lost from one ear
              If asked the question, who would I like to have dinner with, I would probably say Wayne Dyer. I am currently reading his book “THE POWER OF INTENTION: Learning to Co-create Your World Your Way.” From the moment I opened this book I was hooked. No one told me to read it but once I got the book and started telling others about it I got the same response. “Oh, I read it.”  Considering how many books are out there in the world I am awestruck once again as to the way this book found its way into my hands. This is my story.

              I read in the newspaper that Border Books was closing many storefronts here in California and filing for bankruptcy.  I had a store credit I knew had to be used soon so I decided to visit the Glendale location. When I walked in I knew this would be my first and last time here. This was a large store.  Many shelves were already emptied. I went immediately to the second floor to browse. I went through the aisles and found a couple of books maybe I might like to own and held on to them. Then I made my way to the ground floor and felt drawn to a stack of books not far from the stairs I had used to go up and down. Why these books were not on a shelf on the second floor I do not know. But when I looked down I saw THE POWER OF INTENTION. I saw lots of color blue on the cover and in the pages. I had heard of Wayne Dyer but never read his books. Recently I had been thinking that I would like to know more about setting an intention so when I realized here was a book on the subject it was like winning a lottery. I wanted this book and one of the two from upstairs. Now I was ready to go to the cashier.  My credit covered both books and a couple of Sharpie pens. I owed a penny. As the cashier handed me my receipt, he said, there couldn’t be any returns on this purchase.  It is FINAL. I smiled back at him. Fortunately I have no desire to return my lucky finds that day. This is one book I can read and re-read.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Lynne!! I have so much gratitude for Wayne Dyer and I also readThe Power of Intention. Wonderful book. I may need to open it back up again-thanks for bringing it back to my awareness :)

    Lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny-matt used my computer and put his account in..but It is Donna

    ReplyDelete