Welcome!

Welcome to a Healing Perspective & Fuel for Inspiration!
"I expand in abundance, success, and love everyday, as I inspire those around me to do the same!" Gay Hendricks

Monday, March 7, 2011

WHY WRITE DOWN YOUR DREAMS?

Art Card by Lynne Dee




“Dreams are a conversation with oneself, a dialogue of symbols and images that take place between the unconscious and conscious level of the mind.”
 Quote taken from THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF DREAMS by David Fontana.

 We all dream in our sleep. Quite often, I find myself going through periods of time whereby I cannot remember upon waking any of the dreams I had during that night’s sleep. Then there are those mornings I wake up and cannot shake off the memory of a dream I just had. I am one of those people that believe in writing down a dream when it is remembered. I subscribe to the notion that even if the dream makes no sense to me at the moment, I should describe it as best as possible for later re-visiting. I know that we dream in symbolic terms. Perhaps at a later date, I will understand what the dream was about.
I read somewhere that once you describe a dream you’ve had, give it a title, just as you would a movie. Then write down the theme. Ask yourself then, how did you feel in the dream? And finally write down a question the dream may be asking you to think about?
I also like to date the dream entry with the month, day, and year.

Here is a dream I had on November 29, 2006.
 At the time, this is what I wrote upon waking up from it.

I realized I couldn’t find my packed suitcase and handbag at a hotel I was soon to leave from, to return home from a trip. I was to fly home that night and had 2-3 hours before departure. As I only had a limited time to find my belongings, I felt devastated realizing my loss. But I did meet another girl who had just arrived and we had something in common. She couldn’t find her luggage either. In talking, I discovered we had the same birthday on January 18 though she was younger by 6 years. She was going to help me. We realized that the last we had seen our luggage was in the hallway corridor. I felt she was psychic.

TITLE; Looking for Missing Luggage
THEME: Losing Focus
EFFECT:  I was upset at first, but making a discovery was uplifting.
QUESTION IN THE DREAM: Can a loss lead to good elsewhere?

Now it is some four years since writing down that dream. As I re-visit it now, I can see why I might have this dream. I am reminded that some losses are a blessing in disguise.
I wrote an earlier blog post SOMETIMES LOSING IS WINNING. I can see this theme emerging. Making the connection between loss and gain is what I felt so uplifting in the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment